In Monday, December 2, 2013, became aware of the sale of the domain Servers.com in bankruptcy and sale of property of the previous owner. Domain was auctioned and sold at a price of $ 300,000. The auction itself was held in Dallas (USA), but the winner of the auction has become an international company XBT Holding, which combines several large companies, one way or another connected with the hosting. Of all the companies of the holding in Russia is more or less known WEBZILLA, on its facilities are located many Russian FOREX-brokers and game projects, as well as cloud service 4Sync.
Direct buyer acted Luxembourg company ROOT SA, it also provides web hosting, domain registration and the like.
According to the CFO of the holding Rajesh Kumar Mishra (Rajesh Kumar Mishra), «beautiful» domain should become the basis for a unified hosting platform for small and medium businesses. That is, most likely, the company will raise a known address hosting “supermarket” where you can easily purchase an option in a few clicks.
In this regard, the question arises: whether so relevant today classic dedicated or VPS-hosting to pay for a domain that kind of money? Especially against the background of clouds, where two or three instances will often be enough to cover all the needs of a small business-related.
Determining the value of a domain name of the site. Factors prices.
Likely many SEOs are asking “how much does a website”, which they do, their competitors or webmasters who they want to buy them, although each auction in the network will advise the real value of the resource, which can be zaprasit within reasonable limits, nevertheless, I want to learn as much as possible additional independent expert opinion, that probably will not make a bad bargain. Consider a few resources that determine the value of the site and the Internet.
Estimating the cost of the domain name (the site) is a purely subjective every site owner, there is no means by which to uniquely determine the real value of the domain. By and large, the domain evaluation can be compared with the assessment of business: all depends on the approach, objectives, expectations and forecasts of the appraiser, so the article will address only the general price-determining factors that influence the price formation domain, as well as services that are calculated taking into account the cost of these factors.
Marketing requirements to the domain name is determined by its pricing policy
The more claims will soblyudenenno, the higher will be its marketing value, in addition to the registration (annual fee). Thus, the domain name must be:
– easy to remember, that is, should be short and understandable abbreviation or better keyword displays the total essence of the resource, rather than a long rambling sentence from a set of words that complicate the search for the network;
– short, the simpler and shorter, the easier it is to remember and type in the address bar of the browser;
– simple and unique in writing, in order to avoid user errors when typing and should not overlap with other names, although such an approach often used in marketing, such as sites that resonate with very popular, such as the one suggested Michael to Microsoft to buy it in tune with the site Michael-soft;
– easily pronounceable, ie does not contain a complex sound scheme, for example, a sequence of 4-5 consonants … is a unique domain name is likely to be difficult to say on the phone, especially for people with a speech impediment;
– “speaking”, ie contain the name of the company, indicate the scope of your activities, the main product or service, etc.
zonal, ie take into account the following factors: Geo-fence (location, location) and the compatibility of the domain name to its area. Since 2009 search engines actively search input residence – GeoPoisk.
Almost all of these items relate to marketing, business and choosing the right name of the company (firm), as can be found in the Code of the country, where there are more precise, strict rules for the registration of names of official missions.